|This article is a stub. You can help Dream Daddy Wiki by .|
|Voice actor:||Chris P. Bacon|
Mat's favorite pastime includes hanging around the Coffee Spoon, perfecting his coffee brewing techniques, testing new recipes for the shop, record shopping, and going to live concerts.
Mat has anxiety and is not really a person's person. He used to tour in a band "Stillness the Dancing" with his wife Rosa, whom he says takes the edge off of him, but after they stopped touring and settled in Maple Bay, Rosa soon passed away. Mat's anxiety made him incapable of performing live music anymore without the support of Rosa, so he is often unwilling to exert his talents of being able to play multiple instruments.
Mat is also sort of a rambler, when he gets uncomfortable with the situation, he'll catch himself droning on.
Because of Mat's supportive nature, his daughter has a nice relationship with him; your daughter Amanda might become friends with Carmensita if you chose to date Mat.
To quote himself, "I'm like a small animal. Loud noises and large groups of people frighten me."
- 1 Likes / Dislikes
- 2 DadBook profile
- 3 Conversation options
- 3.1 Drink choice
- 3.2 Banana bread
- 3.3 First Date
- 3.3.1 Hey you made it! Ready for tonight?
- 3.3.2 YES YOU! YOU LOOK LIKE A FELLA WHO KNOWS THEIR MUSIC! HOWSABOUT A FINE, TWELVE-INCH, LONG-PLAYING VINYL RECORD MADE AND DISTRIBUTED BY PUP, CANADA'S PREMIERE PUNK-ROCK OUTFIT.
- 3.3.3 WHAT?
- 3.3.4 WHAT? (second time)
- 3.3.5 Crowd Minigame
- 3.3.6 And I mean, anyone who tears it up that hard on their first time back to a concert deserves a reward.
- 3.3.7 Like what?
- 3.4 Second Date
- 4 Date Responses
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Minigames
- 7 Related achievements
- 8 Gallery
Likes / Dislikes[edit | edit source]
- Daddy/daughter concerts
- Putting foam hearts in people's lattes
- Making mixtapes
- Weak coffee
- People who don't handle records carefully
- Feeling uncomfortable in most social settings
DadBook profile[edit | edit source]
Avid music enthusiast, passionate coffee drinker. You can find me most days selling bean juice over at the Coffee Spoon or hanging out at the park with my amazing daughter. Hit me up about 80s No-wave music.
On a Friday Night you are most likely to....
Perfect my cold brew setup. One drip at a time, baby
If you had one thing to take with you onto a desert island, what would it be?
fine tunes to pass the days away
What are your turn-ons?
What did you want to be when you grew up?
a barista, weirdly enough
What's your favorite movie genre?
shit with subtitles
What's your ideal date?
we go to the animal shelter and seriously consider adopting a cat
What do you never leave home without?
my headphones. Both in-ear and over-ear, just in case
I spend a lot of time thinking about:
Where did writing commas into song titles come from and where did it go? Did we all just agree that it's a bad idea?
Conversation options[edit | edit source]
Drink choice[edit | edit source]
- Godspeed You! Black Coffee - Like
- Iced Teagan and Sara - Like
- Chai Antwoord - Like
Banana bread[edit | edit source]
- Banana Bread Kennedys - Like
- Grateful (Banana) Bread - Dislike
- Right Said Banana Bread - Like
First Date[edit | edit source]
Hey you made it! Ready for tonight?[edit | edit source]
- Well it's been awhile - Neutral
- Yes of course I definitely know what I'm talking about - Like
- Ready? I was born ready - Dislike
YES YOU! YOU LOOK LIKE A FELLA WHO KNOWS THEIR MUSIC! HOWSABOUT A FINE, TWELVE-INCH, LONG-PLAYING VINYL RECORD MADE AND DISTRIBUTED BY PUP, CANADA'S PREMIERE PUNK-ROCK OUTFIT.[edit | edit source]
- uh... - Neutral
- Tally ho, good sir - Like
- Please stop yelling at me - Like
WHAT?[edit | edit source]
- ASK AGAIN - Neutral
- Drop It - Neutral
WHAT? (second time)[edit | edit source]
- ASK AGAIN - Likes
- Drop It - Neutral
Crowd Minigame[edit | edit source]
- Finish - Loves
- Fail- Neutral
And I mean, anyone who tears it up that hard on their first time back to a concert deserves a reward.[edit | edit source]
(Only if you Finish the Crowd Minigame)
- The youths will finally accept me - Likes
- Amanda will love this - Dislikes
- I'm never taking this off - Neutral
Like what?[edit | edit source]
- Fashion - Likes
- Consumerism - Neutral
- Big budget remakes of foreign films - Neutral
Second Date[edit | edit source]
Ordering[edit | edit source]
- Americano Football - Neutral
- Decaf for Cutie - Neutral
- Father John Misto - Likes
Drugs[edit | edit source]
- Yeah. Why not? - Going to buy legal drugs.
- Say no to drugs. - Directly to his place.
Buying drugs[edit | edit source]
(Only if you agreed to buy drugs)
- Show him you're not wearing a wire -Likes
- Impress him with your extensive knowledge of current drug lingo - Dislikes
- Cite mutually assured destruction - Likes
Doing drugs[edit | edit source]
(Only if you agreed to buy drugs)
- Open up the nug - Dislikes
- Smoke some of the gateway drug - Neutral
- Rip that golf fairway - Likes
Playing piano[edit | edit source]
- Go with a classic - Likes
- Stick to your ska roots - See next
- Anyway, here's Wonderwall - Dislikes
Stick to your ska roots[edit | edit source]
- Never too late to get back into it. - Loves
- Drop it. - Neutral
Date Responses[edit | edit source]
"You know what? I'm down for an encore."
"You know if you wanna, uh, come inside, Daft Punk is playing at my house tonight."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mat loves to own records but doesn't necessarily think they sound better or are truer to an artist's intent, he simply appreciates the sense of ownership. He has a wall dedicated to the records he owns.
- Mat is friends with the local music sleaze, Pablo, and the real-life Canadian punk band, PUP, as well as the worker at the local record shop, Molly.
- Mat is alleged to smell like coffee cake.
- Mat plays the piano, guitar, drums, trumpet.
- His daughter Carmensita, is named after a song of the same name from the album "Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Canyon" by Devendra Banhart. This is the same album Mat suggests for the player on the second date.
- He is said to taste like vanilla.
Related achievements[edit | edit source]
|Dreamiest Daddy||Go on every date with every dad.|
|King of Carrot Flowers||Go on all Mat dates.|
Gallery[edit | edit source]