|This article is a stub. You can help Dream Daddy Wiki by .|
|Voice actor:||Dan Avidan|
Robert Small is one of the dateable dads in Dream Daddy.
Coined as the "Bad Dad" option, Robert is an aloof widower with a macabre sense of humor. His favorite pastimes include drinking whiskey and toying with people by way of the elaborate, often shocking stories he makes up to get a reaction. Robert is rebellious, quick-witted, and reluctant to talk about anything too serious. Perhaps it is because of these qualities that he is friends with Mary despite having had an affair with her husband, Joseph.
If the avatar pursues a romance with Robert, on the third date Mary asks they "keep an eye" on him as he is acting unusual. The avatar later learns Robert is estranged from his adult daughter, Val, who has recently contacted him. The avatar can offer Robert advice on whether or not he should try to reconnect with Val; the decision determines the final outcome of the romance line.
If you go on two dates with Robert and then choose Joseph as your dream daddy, Robert will confront you angrily on your third date with Joseph.
- 1 Likes/Dislikes
- 2 DadBook profile
- 3 Joseph date confrontation
- 4 Conversation options
- 4.1 Shots
- 4.2 Compliments
- 4.3 What are you doing here?
- 4.4 First Date
- 4.5 Second Date
- 4.6 Third Date
- 5 Related achievements
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
Likes/Dislikes[edit | edit source]
- Cool knives
- Waking up at 3pm
- Hunting cryptids
- Small talk
- When moviegoers don't stay for the credits
- Emotional intimacy
DadBook profile[edit | edit source]
when the internet gains sentience and decides to destroy us all you know it'll use this information against us, right
On a Friday Night you are most likely to....
make a deal in an alleyway. Have it go badly. Who's the cop? Was it giacomo? I trusted giacomo
If you had one thing to take with you onto a desert island, what would it be?
What are your turn-ons?
don't talk to me
What did you want to be when you grew up?
What's your favorite movie genre?
What's your ideal date?
What do you never leave home without?
at least four knives
I spend a lot of time thinking about:
you ever really look into a rabid animals eyes
Joseph date confrontation[edit | edit source]
That doesn't sound like Joseph. I turn around to find...
Avatar: Robert. Hey.
What's he doing here?
Robert: So. How's Joseph?
Robert comes off as cold immediately. I get the feeling he's not happy I'm here.
And what's with that look? He seems... very angry. Very, very angry.
Avatar: He's... going through some stuff.
Robert blasts through a cigarette.
Robert: So I guess he's your friend now, huh? Your pal?
Avatar: Oh, he's... Robert, you're my friend too.
Robert: And I suppose two friends just spend the night out on a private yacht together, being buds, chatting about friendship. Is that what two friends do?
His voice gets louder. What's gotten into him?
Avatar: Robert, come on. You know I'm not like that.
Robert: Avatar, you might be an idiot, but I'm not.
Avatar: What's your problem with Joseph anyway?
Robert: I don't like Joseph. I don't trust Joseph. Joseph is a bad guy and I don't want him around you.
Avatar: Robert, you committed petty larceny last week and think you're haunted by the Dover Ghost.
Robert: It was the god damn Dover Ghost.
Robert pauses to calm himself down.
Robert: Joseph's not who you think he is.
Robert: Ask him about it sometime. Bring it up. And watch your back when you do. Because that guy will put a knife right in it.
Robert flicks a cigarette into the front seat of a recently cleaned schooner before turning to leave. He takes a step, hesitates, then turns back to face me.
Robert: You're both awful. You deserve each other. I'll tell Mary you said hi.
With that, Robert storms off down the pier. Well, okay.
Avatar: So... I ran into Robert.
Joseph: Was he... he wasn't waiting at the dock for you, was he?
Avatar: Yes, and smoking like a chimney.
Joseph: That's Robert, alright.
Avatar: Is everything okay between you two? He seemed... angry.
Joseph: It's... hm. How do I put this...? Did Robert ever proposition you for... erm, escapades?
Avatar: Actually, he did.
Joseph: And did you take him up on that?
Joseph: Ah, well. That is where we differ.
Joseph: I know, I know. Father of four. Family man. Married, for Christsakes. I should never have even... but I was in a bad place, and with Mary constantly out I...
Joseph settles himself before continuing. This definitely gets under his skin.
Joseph: I made a hasty decision. One which Robert does not exactly... ah... he has a weird thing about casual... um...
Avatar: But he asked you.
Joseph: You'd have to ask Robert about the weird Robert politics of... that. He's been weird about it ever since.
Avatar: Huh. But it's over, right?
Joseph: Oh, yes, absolutely. That began and ended on the same day.
Avatar: Well... okay then!
Joseph: So you're not... upset?
Avatar: I'm not. Things happen, Joseph. And I think you of all people deserve a little forgiveness.
Joseph: Thank you, avatar. That means more than you'll ever know.
Conversation options[edit | edit source]
The dialogue for each other is charted here.
Shots[edit | edit source]
- I like shots. - Neutral
- I love shots. - Like
- Ooh, Shots fired. I don't like 'em. - Dislike
Compliments[edit | edit source]
- Compliment his Cool Leather Jacket. - Neutral
- Compliment his rugged good looks. - Like
- Compliment his hand tattoo. - Dislike
What are you doing here?[edit | edit source]
- My daughter kicked me out of the house. - Neutral
- Running from my problems. - Like
- Trying to make friends. - Neutral
First Date[edit | edit source]
What To Drink? (1)[edit | edit source]
- Beer. - Neutral
- Something tropical. - Dislike
- Whiskey, straight up. - Love
What To Drink? (2)[edit | edit source]
- Whiskey hasn't failed me yet. - Love
- Beer might be good. - Like
- Do they make fruity Irish cocktails? - Dislike
Wanna Blaze?[edit | edit source]
- What? No! - Dislike
- I am a law-abiding citizen. - Like
- You with the feds? - Love
Getting Some Alone Time[edit | edit source]
- Isn't Joseph wondering where you are? - Dislike
- Lots of eligible bachelors around here, huh? - Dislike
- Could you get the next round? - Neutral
Still got a little wild in you?[edit | edit source]
- You know it! - Love
- There's so much wild in me - Dislike
- I HAVE A CHILD I NEED TO CARE FOR - Dislike
Throwing rocks at shit[edit | edit source]
- I got a problem with authority. - Like
- I'm sorry. - Love
- This one's for you, Pappy. - Love
Pineapple on Pizza[edit | edit source]
- Of course. - Like
- Ew, no. - Dislike
Got anymore of that wild in ya?[edit | edit source]
- You betcha! - Love
- I'm so tired... but... - Like
- I love my daughter and I should go home to make sure that she's alright - Dislike
Thanks[edit | edit source]
- Thanks for defending my honor - Love
- Thanks for the dinner and a movie - Neutral
- Thanks for the adventure - Like
Second Date[edit | edit source]
Tom Waits[edit | edit source]
- Love Tom Waits. - Like
- Tom Who? - Dislike
- Hoist that Rag, baby. - Love
Car Ride[edit | edit source]
- Are you okay? - Like
- I like your car. - Neutral
- Say nothing. - Love
Guess you're getting your organs harvested[edit | edit source]
- Laugh - Dislike
- Play along - Love
The Dover Ghost[edit | edit source]
- That's terrible. - Neutral
- You're lying. - Love
Robert...[edit | edit source]
- That sucks. - Dislike
- I'm glad you told me. - Love
- Maybe we deserve to be eaten by the Dover Ghost. - Love
Third Date[edit | edit source]
Toasting[edit | edit source]
- To you - Love
- To us - Like
- To... toast - Dislike
Court Date?[edit | edit source]
- He does - Like
- He looks handsome - Dislike
- He'd never convince the jury - Love
Dr...[edit | edit source]
- 80's reference. - Love
- 90's reference. - Like
- 00's reference. - Dislike
- Contemporary reference. - Neutral
Dorthy Penbridge[edit | edit source]
- Riff something highbrow - Like
- Go with something I know - Love
- Rely on amazing improv comedy skills - Dislike
I was just a...[edit | edit source]
- Bible salesman - Neutral
- Traveling grifter - Love
- Carnival barker - Neutral
Long day of...[edit | edit source]
- Selling bibles. - Neutral
- Working a couple short cons. - Like
- Running the dunk tank - Neutral
What was his fake name again?[edit | edit source]
- Davis McSturgiss - Dislike
- David McSturgiss -Dislike
- Daniel McSturgiss - Love
Bible Passage[edit | edit source]
- Leviticus 2:5. - Neutral
- Revelations 1:3. - Neutral
- Ecclesiastes 12:7. - Love
- Austin 3:16. - Like
Watch out for our book...[edit | edit source]
- "Paranormal Excursions of the Supernatural: Ice Road Ghost Truckers." - Love
- "I Saw a Demon: the Shocking True Story of Seeing a Demon." - Neutral
- "The Bros Guide to the Hottest Ghosts." - Like
Wanna have a drink?[edit | edit source]
- Is that even a question - Like
- You trying to poison me? - Love
- Nah, I'm good - Dislike
You like Santana?[edit | edit source]
- Yes. - Neutral
- No. - Dislike
Not a big deal.[edit | edit source]
- Okay. - Dislike
- Push it. - Neutral
Talking to Robert[edit | edit source]
- Tell him what he wants to hear - Dislike
- Tell him what he needs to hear - Love
- Walk away - Dislike
Related achievements[edit | edit source]
|Bad Dad||Slept with Robert on the first night.|
|Dreamiest Daddy||Go on every date with every dad.|
|Knife Dad||Go on all Robert dates.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Robert had a relationship of a sexual nature with Joseph. Joseph describes it as a one night stand with Robert leaving him, although the picture that can be found on Joseph's yacht implies otherwise.
- Robert is most likely the oldest love interest.
- Despite hunting cryptids, Robert believes that Mothman is fake.
- Robert whittles to relax.
- Robert owns a Boston terrier named Betsy, whom he adopted from the Maple Bay animal shelter (partially as repayment for almost murdering Damien with a wooden stake).
Gallery[edit | edit source]